Thanks for the advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by texaslandscaper, Mar 21, 2006.

1. texaslandscaper

texaslandscaper LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the helpfull advice. I agree,these tree jobs i was offered are a bit too much for me. I have taken 3 trees down completely since i started with ease with the help of a heavy duty winch truck wich i rented from a friend but i have to admit this one tree is in a bit of a tight spot in between a wall and a roof on each side of the tree. I thought about it and decided it would be best to explain to the homeowner that i dont want to damage her home or the nieghbors home. thanks again

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

See...you have words of wisdom yourself....This is a wise choice. There are just certain things that are not that feasible to do if you are not totally equipped for it. Same thing like if someone asked me to spread 300 yards of dirt. Rather than getting out there with a wheelbarrpw and shovel, I would call someone with a dozer. If someone asked me to dig a 16 ft deep hole that needed to be 30x40, I would call someone with an excavator. These guys can do this stuff cheaper that someone withOUT the equipment can.