Thanks to all

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by IrishKevin, Mar 25, 2006.

1. IrishKevin

IrishKevin LawnSite Member

I am relocating from Illinois and moving into a new house in June and will be mowing about a half acre with a few obstacles. I have been lurking in this forum for the last month trying to decide on what mower to buy. After looking at numerous mowers, this forum got me seriously looking at Hustler. I was leaning toward the Mini fastrak 16/42.

Today I visited the local dealer and was very impressed with the quality and features of the mower. Well, after some time talking with the owner, I am the proud owner (actually it has to be ordered) of a new Fastrak 18/44 with the Honda, of course I won't get to use it for 3 months. I feel that the relatively small increase in price buys an awful lot.-warranty, bigger motor, beefier construction. Is it overkill? who cares it will probably last a lifetime and I will no longer dread mowing. Thanks to all of you for your information and remember there are probably a lot more lurkers out there in the same position-this forum is a great way to market your mowers. If you are in the Minneapolis area and are looking at mowers, be sure and take a trip to Nicolai Repair in Hampton-hard to imagine a nicer place to do business.

2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Congratulation! I just bought the MFT 16 - 42" for cuttign a little over 1/2 myself.

Overkill? I though the MFT was a bit over the top for what I needed, but in hindsight, I'm really glad I bought it new, now. I know in 5 or 10 years I wouldn't want to be push mowing, and I didn't want to look forward at buying another mower in the future, so I bit the nut and did it now.

Although I had not though of it before the purchase, I've already borrowed a friends aerator and did two yards with it in no time! I have a pull behing de-thatcher that I used to have to borrow the neighbor crapsman tractor for, but nerer again!

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Both of you have made the right choice, this Mini FasTrak is a excellent mower and will easily tackle the job it is intended for.
    Happy mowing!! :clapping: :drinkup: :laugh: