1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thanks to lowballers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R, Aug 1, 2004.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I priced a clean up job of tires and junk that was dumped on a store back lot last week for 1050.00. and got the job. looked in the news paper under lawn service. I found an add lowest price in town. I called he came out gave me a price of 350.00 you got the job and the end of the story i put 700.00 in my pocket for making one phone call. Thanks LOWBALLERS

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm gonna try that...
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Hoolie - same here.
  4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Ahahahahahahaa Damn, thats pretty good.
  5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i am still waiting on the time to be able to do make that call and make some good $$ and not lift a finger

6. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about doing that for some time now. I assume that you would be responsible if they F*&^% anything up though right?
  7. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

Sounds like your lowballer hasn't quite made the transition yet from lowly paid abused worker trash to self employed astute businesman there J&R.
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

AAaahh ..... it's all n GOOD .... BUT if had had kicked up a rock n knock some kid in the head ...... it would have been some kinda other outcome
  9. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

This is GREAT! I love to hear a story like this.

I wonder if there is a way a guy could get his liability insurance extended to the other crew for the duration of the job?

You know the scrubs prolly did some illegal dumping--I'm thinking particularly about the restrictions on disposal of old tires. You don't want something like that coming back on you.
  10. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it fair to call the buy a lowballer without knowing the size of the job???? If I went out there and did the job by myself in 6 hours, does that make me a lowballer???? I gave a bid that made me a decent profit and I would be happy...