1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to thank all the people on this sight who have given me some great information which i have been able to use in my own business.I hope this page becomes stronger each year and thankyou chuck for setting up this forum it has been a wealth of knowledge.
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Second to that. I hope everyone has a good summer, i can tell the post a day are less each day. I wonder what everyone will have for new toys in the fall.<p>Geoff
  3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I also have had a great time this season with the forum. I am also glad to have met a few members in real life. Hope evryone has a good summer, and check in from time to time as I am sure we will all have something to say.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

You guys are great,have a good summer and I'llcheck in once a week for hahas.I've learned a lot from this forum,thanks to Chuck for starting it and to all the members who shared there knowledge with me,I learned more here in one winter thwn I have talking to people in the last 15 or so years plowing.BTW Dino the dodge is for sale-I'm ordering a 2000 2500 4dr Vortec 6000 with snowplow prep.I have 3000+ in GM rebates on my card that are expiring soon and I got an order for invoice+100 bucks locally.I will miss the torque but I need the 4drs all year round and want to get a 6 ft box for plowing.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  5. vince

vince LawnSite Member

Same from me too. I just got back a few minutes ago from my trip out west. It was great and my grandson was terrific. You guys have been great this year and you bet I'll be keeping this forum up with what ever new stuff MTS will be doing. Also visit our website at www.mptek.com and see what we put on our site this summer. <p>You maine guys (Geoff) should have a lobster feed for all us flat landers!!!!! Have a great and profitable summer<p>vince
  6. plowking35

from S.E. CT

John you really should wait till the fall and get a truck with the allison tranny. The 8.1 and durax both will be available with that tranny. That will be the truck to have.<br>Although from what I hear that 6.0 hasd a lot of power. But what is the gvw of the truck you are looking at? The new HD line up will have 9200gvw on the 2500 series truck. Go to www.pichuptruck.com and read the story and see the pics on the new GM's. They drove a truck just like the one you are looking at, but with the duramax and allison. In a side by side with a Powerstroke at 60 mph, they stuffed the throttle and the duramax walked the PS like it was standing still.<br>Dino<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  7. Alan

Alan Member

Dino, I'm as much a GM fan as you are, but no way I'd buy a Duramax/Allison combo until they have been on the road a couple years. Too much new stuff in there to go bad. Remember the &quot;lifetime&quot; ball joints on the 88s? As it is I'm concerned about how many 99 and 00 models I'm seeing as trade-ins around here. Too many for the usual turnover of two year buyers. I haven't had any confirmation on it yet, but I wonder if there are problems with thsoe new engines or some such thing.
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Dino,I am getting a 2500 8600 GVWR,I do not want an allison,nor do I want a 8.1 or duramaxipad,this truck has been around in its 2nd year now and they got the bugs out of it,the HD line will be full of them too,I dont want a truck with a body lift either,like the HD will have to clear the trans hump on the allison.The actual payload on the HD will be the same,it weighs more thats why its higher to maintain payload ratings.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  9. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

John,<p>Is it a crew cab, or &quot;quad cab&quot;?<p><br>Dave
  10. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Say what you will about the duramax, but it will set the standard for the new diesels that all three will have in the next 3 years.<br>I just like the fact that it blew the powerjokes doors off. Now in 2002 the cummins allison combo will be great. Wont be as fast as the duramax/allison combo, but it will be a proven combo.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org