1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

that brown stuff falling from oak trees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 18, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

have u guys/girls had the pleasure of experiencing that brown fuzzy stuff that falls from oak trees? its everywhere on properties with many oaks. last week i thought i would choke to death or go blind from that stuff while cutting the lawns.
  2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Weve had our wave of the stuff. It should be gone in a couple weeks.

We had to make a quick run w/ the 'Lot Blower' around some properties and then mow.

Are you guys still busy w/ Spring Cleanups? or is that over?
  3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I hear ya. My allergies are killing me from this stuff. Also one place I do looked like it snowed with all the white stufff from the trees. I have to clean my air filters daily, till it stops.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

scu are long done
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

those brown things are a pita, they are all over the place around here and make a total mess, very hard to clean off of paved surfaces when wet.
  6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like the trees drop something new each week. First it was the Elm trees and sweetgums making a mess with seed pods and spike balls. Now its the Magnolias and the Oaks as Bobbygedd mentioned. Soon the Cottonwood trees will have their mess flying in my face.
  7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Its terrible this year. Allergies have never been a problem for me untill this past week. The **** coming from the Oak trees is completly covering some of my lawns making them torture to mow while sneazing and coughing the entire time.
  8. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I have allergies and am allergic to everything (seriously). This year has been the worse. I saw pollen on a drive so bad that I thought it was chalk writings from a child. I noticed it all over cars. ALOT of people around here are suffering from allergies and it is noticeable. I am due for surgery and starting shots that will last 6 months (ouch).
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a ton of Maple tree "whirly-copter" seeds this past week. Some of the drives had to be blown off into the lawn before I could cut. If you don't blow the drives first, you leave a mess in the lawn next to the driveway.
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My wife just asked me today where is all this fuzzy **** coming from. She saw that the patio was covered. I told her it was from the oak tree in our back yard. She says she is tired of all the stuff that falls from that tree and she thinks we need to cut it down. :dizzy: