1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

That is it Mother Nature. I want the Drought back.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

At least during the drought I could go and mow a few shady spots of a yard. Now if I even try to mow some yards my mower will be so stuck it wouldn't be funny. Tonight they were calling for a few scattered showers. Well wouldn't ya know it! There was a strong line of thunderstorms that woke me up. And heck if it was scattered. It covered at least a hundred miles north to south.

So I put this challenge out to you Mother Nature. Give me what ya got. Last year it was the drought, very few people wanted aeration, few wanted landscaping installed, etc. Now it rains non stop for the past 6 months. What more can you do you old Hag? If when I'm in line to the pearly gates and I see ya up there, get ready for a knock down drag out arse kickin. Cause when I get a hold of ya, it's going to take the devil, God, Steve Austin, and Refrigerator Perry to drag me off of you. You are meat. You are so gone that you will wish you just kept the darn drought on. This isn't funny and it isn't over. So just keep on raining, I made it through last year and I'll make it through this year. But remember I'm calling ya out and I'm not scared.
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm, i might need info on where to find tickets for this shindig!!!!!!!:D :D :D
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the next Toughman contest, cause I'm telling ya, its gonna be really really ugly. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! (add Macho Man's voice)
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Channel that energy into retrofitting a prop and rudder onto the Dixie and Exmark. Hi Flotation tires would be nice.

I feel for ya man. We got rained on over the weekend(didn't have to mow then) and more tomorrow(a big mow day). The growth is unreal. We will be crying for this in 2 months. Good Luck.
  5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Florida swamp boats equiped with 48" weedwips out front on either side?
  6. So, with your level of understanding, Hillary can count on your vote?
  7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Everglade Hovercrafts equipped with a 72" deck on all sides! batwings!
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

man i understand u frustration.
    especialy if u got to find somethin for the help to do .
    but just being close to what shes gonna do to u ,is gonna get the rest of us hurt. when big mamma aint happy,aint nobody safe.
    been doing this close to 30 yrs now.
    drought and too wet ,just pt of the buisiness.altho i personally got a fear of drought.
    in any case,good luck.im in the process of building a mower boat.oh shes gonna be somethin.
    :D :)
  9. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

10. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

Weather extremes again this year?

I think the drought is coming back and I see a lot of yards facing the sun with dead spots from last year...

Maybe I need to look into installing irrigation systems to make $ and to keep my customer's grass growng so I can keep cutting and making $.

Irrigation systems are rare around these parts. Anybody doing both lawn maintenance and irrigation?