That Lawn Business Report Thingy....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meadowbrook, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody gotten it? Is it worthwhile if you have (sorry Sean, I gotta ask). Post your feedback.

Chris

2. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I get it. For the 8.95/month it's not bad. Some of the things are common sense. There are some ideas that make sense and get overlooked by the busy owner/operator. I would like to see more of how to grow, how to market, etc. and not the other little things like the humor section. But i get the concept of why and i'm sure theses other topics will follow. All and all i enjoy it. I would recommend it.

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I also purchase the newsletter and am a little dissappointed in the overall quality of it. I guess for 8.95 a month you kind of get what you pay for. It does have it's merits, but I would also like to see more in the way of marketing how to's.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Why pay for a news letter that contains general information and a lot of other useless info that most of us who have been in business or are just getting into should already know. There are a lot of great magazines that are free to the business owner that contain more useful information. Get your free subscription to: Pro magazine, Lawn & Landscape, Total Landscape, and many more useful magazine filled with great information for this industry. Pro magazine and Lawn & Landscape are the two best magazines out there for the lawn and landscape industry.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I don't mind you asking at all.... the report comes in simple text via email each month which is what I think robertsturf might be referring to... Yes, there are going to be some things that are common sense to some and not to others - I recognize that. I look at the report as a journey versus a one time shot of information....I am definitely focusing on making sure each month is worth the money. I have had a lot of people extremely happy with the report, and only a couple people have canceled so far. I know I cannot make everyone happy ( you guys know this from your business )...

Here are a few emails I have received about the report.... I'm sure many of these people are LawnSite members....

"I received my first “The Lawn Care Business Monthly Success Report” last night and read through the whole thing before going to bed. Lot’s of good content…it exceeded my expectations."

"Sean, First let me say I enjoy your newsletter! I was skeptical about subscribing because of all the other programs I have seen but because you know how to write a cover story that intrigues the mind and you were able to sell "ME" - I had to hear what you had to say and I'm impressed!"

"Hello Sean,I just wanted to let you know Im extremely happy with my purchase."

"Hi Sean. I'm a monthly subscriber and enjoy the info and enthusiasm. Even a veteran like myself (who keeps it simple), when Fall comes, the cleanup times become a bit distorted."

"Hi Sean, I recently signed up for the monthly letter and the packet. I am at the end of my 3rd year in the green business, I really enjoy it and have and am growing each year. I really enjoy your passion. My wife is very passionate about things, people tend to gravitate toward her. I suspect you are the same way."

6. Meadowbrook

Haha, thats just funny.....Sean, I JUST sent you an email. You can disregard it. I figured you'd see the thread on here!*newusflag*

Chris

7. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

LOL... I got it

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I will say I bought the manuel and to be honest it was not the best one I read! Until I hit a chapter that was worth the money spent, knowing your cost. Excellent chapter and worth the 65.00. I have to say adams book was a bit better exspecially on record keeping! thanks sean for that chapter It seperated the men from the boys!

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have been to alot of professional sales meeting etc, you pay hundreds of dollars for these meetings hoping that you learn one thing that may help you and your business. However my personal thoughts are if I can learn from somebody whose been to a place where Im trying to take my business for $8.95 its definitely worth the price of admission.

10. Meadowbrook

Thats true, I really just wanted to get an idea of what everyone thinks of it & how it's helped them. Although, I didn't see anyone say that they made $150k from this, although I'm sure it's possible. Plus I wanted Sean to see the feedback that was left so he knows where it could use improvement. Just off the top of my head, it's looking like marketing. Just a thought.

Chris