THAT ONE YARD EVERY TIME SOMETHING HAPPENS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Aug 1, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I USE TO CUT THIS ONE YARD AND IT SEEMED LIKE EVERY VISIT MY MOW BROKE DOWN OR MY TIRE ON THE TRUCK WENT FLAT OR I GOT HURT <br> <br>HAS ANY ONE HAD THAT TYPE YARD NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY SOMETHING GETS SCREWED UP AND THERES THE CUSTOMER LOOKING AT YOU.

2. Jim White

Jim White LawnSite Member

I've got one account thats about 2 acres. It seems every time I'm half into things, it starts to rain. And I don't mean just a sprinkle it RAINS!!!!!!I've scheduled the account for different times of the week and different times of the day and it never fails. Of course I always try to finish and half the place end up look like dog S#$T because my 1200 pound Z rider thinks mud boggin is more fun than mowing in the rain. <p>----------<br>Jim White<br>

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Yo David I had a yard just like that last year. Everytime without fail the mower or something would break. Had to get rid of it cause it cost me to much time and money. Stunk though cause I had the neighbor yards too. It was the wierdest thing though. It must have been cursed or something. Wierd!!

4. tslawn

tslawn LawnSite Member

Not necessarily narrowed to 1 yard, but, every week, something seems to happen...the mower breaks down, the trailer blows a tire or whatever!

5. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have some property at an auto body shop that I mow. IT seems that for no reason, things happen there. I have had more flat tires there than in all other places combined. ( No apparant reason for the flats either.) I have also had many other breakdowns at that place over the years. The T-Bar broke on my Toro, right at the T. Took it in the garage, cleaned up the joint, ran a bead of weld, and was back mowing in 15 minutes.

Of all the places I cut, I prefer to break down there. They have manpower and tools.

I have been lucky elsewhere.

6. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe they are one native burial grounds? :) I cut one block
    here that must have a curse on it.Must be something to do with the woman next door to the block.She's an American and
    VERY odd.

Karl