that time of year again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by i_plant_art, Jul 31, 2006.

1. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

it seems as though evey year around this time of the year i get to where i just dont want to go out and deal with the day to day operations i dont know if its just that im burnt out of what. i think it may just be the dread of going out in the heat each day. after a weeks im good to go again..... does anyone else every get this wau or am i just weird.LOL

2. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I know what u mean it's hard when it's 95 outside, to keep going out in it and working hard... but u gotta do what u gotta do.

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

MAN! WHAT A RELEIF! NOW I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! I really do think its the heat. Lately I haven't felt like doing anything! I'm in central Arkansas, and we had some three digit temperature over here. And I only mow one day a week, you probobly mow 8-10 hr. days for atleast 4 days a week. But..... 04turft is right.... ya gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm ready for the fall.

4. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

yeah yeah! I just got whacked with jury duty today, I didn't get selected for the case, but I was split half/half pissed off, but at least I can make some money now and get back to work.

5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

jed- im right down the road from ya we been getting the same weather.... im about 20 miles east of memphis but drive there everyday to do my routes mostly in the eastern a southern burbs..... man it has been hot aint it everyday my thermometer has been over 100....................

6. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

Lately the harsh heat has slowed me down a lot also. I have actually enjoyed customers calling with "Maybe next week it will need it". Not making the money sucks, but the 100+ heat sucks worse. This weekend we got two large rains and it helped me out today. Not having a dust storm while cutting was nice.

7. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Same here! The crazy thing is, by next January I will be going nuts waiting to get out there again.:dizzy:

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its even near 100 in Green Bay so I know what you are feeling. Yes I also sometimes feel that its difficult to get out there but just remember that you could be stuck in some basement all day working for some idiot. Even though its hot, its still outside. Take em one at a time and build in some nice breaks. Plan something fun to do later in the day and give yourself something to look forward to. Even if its sitting in the A/C watchin tv with a cold one. Remember that there are less than 6 months until Christmas.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Trust me man...you were NEVER the only one! This heat makes it tough... but all you can do is suck it up and keep going. But yea...you arent alone!:dizzy:

10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I feel the same way also. Its gonna be 98 today and 100 tomorow, just too dam hot to be out mowing grass..........but its what we do and we all gotta pay those bills:rolleyes: