That was close!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southern Lawns, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

First snake encounter this year. Back yard of a developing neighborhood, came out of nowhere and crossed over my boots and went on it's way. Too close for me. Just a reminder to all. Be careful.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Well what kind was it? Was it a killer snake? We only have the friendly type around here, glad of it too. :)
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

That happened tome once.Id tell u how much honeysuckel
    I cleared on fist jump.but u wouldnt believe it.
  4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

we have only the friendly type of snakes here in philly too!

5. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know what kind, black, brown and white. Happend sooo fast didn't have a chance to get personal. We have the friendly ones down here too. Their the ones sleeping on the roadways in the summer. Well, that's what Mom used to tell me when I was a little boy.
    Don't get me wrong..........I don't go out of my way to hurt them, I just have a great respect for them. They can make you feel bad in a NY minute. Don't have time to feel bad!
  6. EROSS17

EROSS17 LawnSite Member

Man do you hate those things. It's always a shock to see one. Thank god for the non-lethal ones in Michigan.
  7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Put that on your bill for snake removal :)

I don't mind them as long as they don't bug me, we have copperheads around here and they can put a hurtin on you.
  8. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Personally I love snakes!There is only 1 deadly snake in ontario and that is the missasauga rattler.But they have been almost wiped out.For me the best show on TV is the croc hunter.That guy rocks!
  9. this was something i had read about a couple of years back and i am not sure if it is true or not. you could always ask the crocodile hunter. but if you are bit and there are fang marks in the form of a diamond then it is not poisonous. if there are only 2 puncture marks then you have a poisonous snake.
    i had a similar encounter several years back. a big copperhead or water moccasin slithered right in front of the lawn mower. thing must have been a good 4 feet long. cause 48" w/b and the snake was just as big. it went and was swimming around in this big pond. all you could see was the head sticking up out of the water and the body kind of down below the water. freaky.
  10. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I see a few snakes of some sort everyday while working. Down here in Fl. we have quite a few naughty ones to watch out for. Have not been bit yet though, knock on wood! Russ