Thatching & aeration Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doug Perrone, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Doug Perrone

Doug Perrone LawnSite Member

How would you guys price to do both. i dont have either machine and i would have to rent them. the lawn are average lawns about 1/2 acre lawns. i have 5 of them in 1 development and i would only need the machines for one day. help me out guys thanks

also which would you do first thatching or aeration?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If you use the search function in the upper right hand corner and type in the words "aeration" "dethatching" you will find the answers you are looking for as these topics have been discussed time and time again.

Heres the averages:
    Power Raking one direction $35 per thousand square feet.
    Aeration $15 per thousand square feet.

Good Luck this season!
  3. hi, i dont know how i would charge, however i have a couple of questions for you. why are you dethatching? is the thatch level over 1/2"? and if so you should not go by flat rate, go T & M. like that you will just price for however much thatch and mat you remove as well as how long it will take, not to mention your rental time. but put in for a minimum and then charge over that. so you make your money either way. aeration is always good to do. aeration will work to pull plugs out of the lawn and thatch. so maybe all you want to do is aerate. if not then get your money for it because doing both services unless there is a problem is both a waste of your time and your customer's money. i get 2x a lawn cut for aeration go 2 ways criss cross. so that is just some food for thought.