thats it im getting a camera to carry around...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by daveintoledo, Oct 8, 2005.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

guy is mowing this yard by the road with his murry rider, and two 21's , one on each side connected with rope....redneck gang mower :cool2:

if there wasnt so much traffic i would have gone back to watch him try and turn around :p

and NO CAMERA....
    that wont happen again...

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I hear ya brother. I have a pic somewhere of a guy in a ford dually crew cab with boxes and cooler and junk in the seats rolling down the road with burlaps of grass in the bed piled higher than the cab with 5 hombres hanging on for dear life. I wonder what was in those box's? Some of the stuff I've seen you could'nt make up.

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol dave,

That would have been a nice picture lol.I witnessed a brainstem not far from were I reside,pulling a 31 inch snapper rider with a rope tied to a truck lol.

4. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

Have to add mine :D One of the best recommendations for one of the 6 speed dual range transmissions used in the Roper/Craftsmen tractors was by an old guy I knew years ago. He would hoist the front of the tractor and tie it to the bumper of his pickup with a fan belt, then drive 30-40 mph in between jobs. He had done that for years and the little tractor was still doing hard service for him.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Last year we lost a commercial account to a guy that used a push mower. No trailer, no pickup truck. Lifted the 21"er into the trunk of his car and tied the hood down with string.

Needless to say, we got the account back. I explained rather politely that you get what you pay for...

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

sad thing is, they probably have a higher profitt % than most of us. :dizzy:

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I believe you are correct. Its that risk versus reward thing...