that's odd

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, May 25, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

This evening I was checking all the fluid levels in all my equipment so it would all be ready for morning. When I opened one dipstick, I saw what looked about like mayonaise inside the dipstick tube. Upon further inspection I found it was greasy, thick, white oil stuck on the tube.

That's a new one on me. Never saw that before. You?

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I forget what that is, but if you have white oil in one of your tanks that is NOT good. It's either bad hydraulic fluid, or water in your oil. Something like that?

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Mine has that too, I would think it's condensation mixing with the oil near the top of the tube. Never caused me any trouble.

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Usually thats some type of condensation or water in the oil.

5. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

its water in it and they told me it would just work its way out and it did no problems

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Condesation was really my only guess. I've been working a lot in wet weather. Plus I've been caught out in rain, towed in the rain, left my equipment on the trailer in the rain because of rain...ect...

I can't remember the last time it's been this wet. It's not avoidable. I've never been one to let my equipment get rained on much. Maybe that's why I've never seen that before.

I keep an extra oil change handy at all times for everything. That way I have stuff on hand if I feel an unscheduled change is needed or a scheduled change sneeks up on me. I don't even like to be tempted to run in doubt or be tempted to extend the drain interval a little. I treat my stuff well and it treats me well.

It will get fresh oil at 0600 in the morning.