thats very coincidental

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by befnme, Sep 1, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

as you know gas prices always go up just before labor day.now i know gas companies cant controll nature but it seems that they are playing it up very well.you cant tell me that huge oil corporations dont have back up generators and the fuel to run them.i realize some are under water but the ones that arent say they dont have power.i dont belive it.i think they are playing broke just so they can raise the price realy high.call me crazy but it's what i belive.

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ya last night here reg was $2.52 a gal and they had a truck fill up on tue (they get one every tue). over night it went to $2.89 a gal. how does one justify rasing the price, when you just paid for it when it was delivered on tuesday. i does not cost them more to keep it at the cheap price until they get more!

3. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

The first truckload cost them $20,000 but they know the next load will cost them $23,200. If they don't raise the price they won't have the cash on hand to replace it at the higher cost.

4. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

Prices go up really fast but down very slowly, if at all. Was upset a few weeks back when the price went over the $1 a litre ( our litre is about equal to a US quart 3.78 litres to a US gallon . Anyway they give their excusses ( it's because ____________ fill in the blank with what ever BS is popular that day). So there was a hurricane in Mississippi and refineries are shut down and some oil rigs are damaged. Canada exports oil to the US ( no damage to anything up here ) we refine our own gas ( no refineries under water ). Guess what, gas went from 97.5 / litre last week to $1.28 / litre this week, from $3.69 / gallon to $4.83 / gallon. Why? Well you know just because. The oil companies rake in a few billion more per week.

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

it went-up becuasre you have to send more gas to us so less for you now :p