1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by bare spot, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

doing a little maintinance on the blower, thb-2510, and could use some help. first on air filter, can i use regular filter oil, even better think i got can of k & n here somewhere, to doctor up before install. and second want to replace fuel filter but need to fish out of tank. what, if any tool works best for this? btw pick up plug but not going to mess with for now, machines runs good, but if know gap, could use for future, thanks.
  2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Filter oil is preferable, but any thick oil is fine.
    Bent coat hanger.

3. bare spot

thanks for for getting back, that blower is one most relieble things i use and be lost without it.
  4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like your handheld blower? And how does it compare to redmax?
  5. bare spot

monte never used a red max out in the field and based purchased on playing around with the two of them in the parking at the dealer, so far no regrets (both were nice). couple things i like is that seams to run forever on tank of fuel, it starts almost every time first pull and the blower tube, with the way the opening is on it and how it's curved to blow flush with ground (if seen it u know what i mean) anyway i would check out, hope that helps, bare spot