1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The 07 season is finally over!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Nov 26, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We did our last clean up Sat. and that marks our end for 2007. It feels so good to start cleaning equipment for winter storage and focus 100% on snow removal. Figures the last 3 clean ups we did were wet sloppy leaves and the last 2 clean ups we were blowing snow along with leaves. Big changes for next year.:drinkup:
  2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

congrats, we still have another two or three weeks. Hopefully snow holds off here in Metro NY
  3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like old man winter is going to start before we finish.:mad: Only had 4-5 left but they can wait until spring.
  4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Are all the leaves down already in PA? No way to do final clean-ups here yet as the leaves are still falling and will blow around too for a while. I'll be getting up as much as possible for the next week or two and then go around again and do a final clean-up.
  5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

They have been falling for weeks here, there are a few trees with quite a few leaves still on them. Some of the yards we did last week look like we were never there but what can ya do. I really hate to pack it up but I did ZERO advertising for fall clean ups and if I started now it would be snowing by the time I get around to doing them, plus after going 6 days a week since April we are all tired of mowing, clean ups etc.
  6. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have 4 to left to do, still waiting on some to drop and dry weather. Seems like the Walnut tree's are still holding some on.
  7. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

have 15 left here, oaks wont drop - hope to be done by the 14th of december
  8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I got around 20 left that i know of right now... not quite done still need some more time before the snow flies hopefully.
  9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Have at least 20 cleanups on a list if I get to them, got 3 new calls today, along with the usual 'How come you havent gotten to my leaves yet' calls. Something about Thanksgiving, then 2 inches of snow, wind, and today 1/2" of rain?!? We got one job done today in the rain. I'll keep going as long as I can. Most everyone has been really understanding as to why I havent gotten all the leaves yet, but there are always the whiners. They can whine all they want, as long as they pay on time, theres nobody else in this town doing cleanups in this weather.
  10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Were just getting started here with cleanups. I wanted to get started last week but leaves weren't down and people just didn't want anything done until they were and since then its been raining the last couple day's. Were going to be working until first week in Dec. if weather holds out.