The $1700 Discount On Super Z's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Distorted, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Distorted

Distorted LawnSite Platinum Member

I know that the announcement of the discount in the Hustler forum says that each dealer can do his own thing with the discount, but should I expect the $1700 off any pre-existing offer I was given in the recent past? In other words, has Hustler lowered the wholesale cost to their dealers by $1700 on the Super Z's, which they can pass along, or is this just "shuck & jive?"

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

It's 1700 off retail. For ex. a Super Z w/60/27 XR7 list for 10,299, less 1700 for a price of 8599. That's about the deal give/take a few bucks, and about 600 in sales tax.

3. Distorted

Distorted LawnSite Platinum Member

So you are saying Hustler has lowered the retail price temporarily, but not the wholesale cost to their dealers, and hopes the dealers will go along. Strange.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Dealers normally price under MSRP, but with the rebate most will sell at MSRP minus $1700 for rebate. This means if your past offer was $700 under MSRP you can't expect another $1700 off that price. I bought my a new Hustler during last years rebate and only saved a few hundred over what my dealer would go normally. It was exactly MSRP minus rebate.