1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The 36 inch Stander Deck Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by FastMan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Why did the warranty sell you? Just curious. My customers generally can do over 600 hours a year up here. I would assume you guys in Florida do even more. So the Toro warranty will last less than 2 years. While most other brands will give you a straight 2 year warranty without hour limits or have hour limits that are probably not going to be hit like Bobcat's 2 year/2000 hour warranty.

2. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Actually the yearly hours never really play a part for me. The hours I put on my mowers are divided now by the two ztr's and two push mowers. I've never put over 300 hours a year on any individual mower. So at years end I'll go somewhere between 500 and 600 hours total. At one time I could be running a 36" wb, a 44" and 48" ztr and my GS all maybe in a day depending on where I was mowing. I just thought that the 5 year warranty on the GS mite be handy to have in the long run.

You must be a dealer? if so you know a good dealer is worth there weight in gold and I have one:) and he's less than 4 miles from the house and for me that's hard to beat itself.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Ahh ok, makes sense then. I just feel that their commercial warranty is a bit lacking with that 1200 hour limit. The same machine from Exmark gets a 2 or 3 year warranty I believe without the hour limit.

Also I think someone had mentioned about boiling over somewhere in this thread. That was a problem on the larger Grandstands. I think mainly the 60" class models. At some point they added like a cooler and fan to them, and I think they also put it on the 52" machines. It was the hydraulics that would overheat and overflow. Although I am not a fan of where the fan is...looks like low branches could snag it or cause issues.

4. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same boat as ric. I'm a solo operator, so my time is divided between several different machines and other landscaping jobs outside of mowing. As such, the toro warrantee works very well for me. It was one of the things that influenced my decision to by their G3 ztr.