The ANSWER Directly From Redmax on Internet Sales & Warranty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Jan 14, 2005.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Below is the answer that I just received to my email I sent yesterday inquiring if a Redmax product purchased over the Internet still had a VALID Warranty and if any Redmax Dealer that did not sell that item MUST cover any Warranty work. I thin k it is pretty clear on this, so I personally will probably not take the chance of purchasing any Redmax product of the net that I think might even have a chance of needing warranty work.

Subj: RE: RedMax warranty inquiry
    Date: 1/14/05 9:31:13 AM Eastern Standard Time
    To: M*******@***.com
    Sent from the Internet

We do not promote nor approve of Internet sales. We actually discourage it. While your local Dealer should provide you service, <b>we cannot force him to do so as he is an Independent Business. You may encounter difficulty getting warranty work on your unit should it need some.</b> Unfortunately there are a few rogue Dealers selling on the internet. Who did you buy it from? Please see our eBay About Me page. http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=redmax_kza

Regards, Malcolm

Malcolm K Stieneker
    Warranty Manager
    Komatsu Zenoah America

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

So this doesnt apply to Redmax products ordered from a physical redmax dealer thru mailorder.....

3. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Here's the bottom line guys: if you bought a Redmax blower over the internet, just to save a few bucks, and denied the local dealer his FAIR PROFIT, why would you expect him to drop what he's doing for you? What's in it for him? When he turns in any warranty time claim to Redmax, they're going to deny him his claim because he has no proof of it's purchase. WE all expect a fair profit on our work, don't we? What about your local dealer? When he's not there for you for parts or service because you cheaped him out, it will be your fault. By the way, I bought my Redmax from a local dealer for LESS than I could on the internet.

4. ztoro

Fair Profit..... When it cost 550 plus tax local and I can get it for 470 delivered... I would say they are getting above a fair profit.. No body is expecting someone to lose money.. If the warranty is valid the business will get paid.....

"whats in it for him" maybe I will buy a 8-10000 mower from him if he takes care of some 50 dollar warranty work....

by the way I saved 100 dollars on one piece of redmax equipment from a dealer outside NJ

5. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

I can't believe this, I just spoke with Malcolm from Redmax, this makes no sense.
    He said no matter where you buy over the internet, the warranty is void.

6. ztoro

OK..... Lets forget the word internet....... There are some shops that are selling it cheaper than others.... the internet does not need to be involved....

7. RedMax - KZA

RedMax - KZA LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Christoff, you are not telling everybody why. The reason is liability and also a violation of the Dealers contract. If you buy from an unknown source, we cannot verify that it is a REAL RedMax. Or, that it is not stolen etc.... We support our Dealers and hope that all of you will too.

8. ztoro

so as long as we buy from a legitimate dealer where ever they may be. there are no issues?

9. RedMax - KZA

RedMax - KZA LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

As long as it is not bought thru the internet and is not shipped to you. Our contract agreement with Dealers requires them to set up and show the purchaser how to operate the equiment. The bottom line is " no internet or mail order sales".

10. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

I would saveover 200 dollars by buying it from an authourized dealer in the USA. I have already seen the blower and tested it at my local dealer, they are just too expensive, Redmax -KZA, can you make an exception and allow me to buy it straight from Redmax? My local dealer said they couldn't go any lower, there price is $799 , on sale for $699, thats just oo much

thanks

Chris