The Back Saver gate device

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hoosier Mower, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Does anyone use the "Back Saver" that was at Expo? It looks like a great investment for those heavy trailer gates and was just wondering if they really work as good as they look?

2. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

They work great...save about 180.00 and build your own in about two to three hours time.

3. Bought one at EXPO for $120

put on in 1/2 hour

now you can kick gate up with your foot

now my girl friend can pick up gate by her self

get one you will love it

LGF :blob1:

4. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I built one by Erics instructions and it works great. Just go to his web site its on there somewhere. It didnt cost around 30 dollars to build.

5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I may one that looks just like the back saver, except i used 2 springs (heavy gate) instead of 1. Cost $25.00 springs,$2.00 eye bolts,$3.00 pvc pipe and $5.00 misc. Total $35.00.
    Works great

6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

LAWNGODFATHER, you think your girlfriend can come help me with my gate??? Just kidding, haha, please dont send the boys (Tony and Gweed-Oh) after me. I will (when I get time) also do the set up per Mr. Eric's lovely web site. Much cheaper to biuld yourself, and probably much better construction too.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

8. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

I bought the backsaver this year and can't imagine ever being without it. It saves your back and now I've got that much more energy to do things as lifting that gate really wore me down. Whether you make one or buy one already biult , you won't regret it . I don't even bend down to pick it up....I just kick it up with my toe. When I drop it down , I don't bend over either , I just unlock it ,push it down , and it will fall to the ground ever so gently.:p

9. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

gogetter,

Home Depot, Menards, Lowes any hardware store...these are just garage door springs. If I remember correctly they are about 12.00 each.

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have a URL for Back Saver, or pictures?

Where can I buy one?

Thanks

Ken