The bagger on a rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboys, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Mowerboys

Mowerboys LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a rider but the only thing i am conerned about is the price of a bagger w/ vacuum. Can I use a w/b bagger on my rider?

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes you can do it. Acceleator ind. is a sponser here and has them shown on their web site. Some on here do it. it would fill up quick though. I have a lazer hp 52 inch cut with the ultra vac and it fills fast also.

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

There are items you can buy to attach to the side of the mowing deck for a zero. I don't have a zero, so I haven't tried any of them out, but they are available.

Accelerator Industries, one of the sponsors of this forum, offers this sort of thing, but there are others. You'll have to look around and see what fits your budget.

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try MEG MO blades we have not use a catcher in 6 yrs.

5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Meg Mo blades seem to be good, but you absolutely need a bagger in some instances. No matter what they say, some lawns will require it, or you will pull away and leave it looking poor

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We use a sidebagger on the Lazer occasionally. If the material is light, and/or we're working in tight areas. For instance, for these rake jobs we've been doing with the JRCO rake. Sometimes though, if the material is heavier, and the area is larger, we just windrow it. We still keep a striping pattern even while windrowing by using a pattern. Most of the time for these though, the bagger works just fine.

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

we had our mower shop bolt on a bracket that excepts a grassgobbler. our $2,000 catcher is sitting in our garage with about 2 wks worth of hours on it,just found that its very heavy and not worth the effort. we let the grass fly on the large lawns and tight lawns if bagging is necessary we use the grassgobbler.works out great. if anyone from nj area is interested in a pico system its for sale.also a 20 foot enclosed trailer for sale 2002(year)great shape.

8. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

What color is the trailer? Does it have any shelving?

9. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

With the extreme amount of rain we've been getting last 2 weeks we have been using the trak-vacs on the Zs. You really can't stripe with it, but cutting 6-8 inches off looks like hell if you don't pick it up at least every other week...Chuck

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

stripe this

it's white and the brand is --- us cargo. it's got an extended toung, has shelving wich I reinforced, weedwacker racks and hooks to hang blowers from,I also have a water jug rack for it. I forgot the width,but I know its as wide as the dump body.email me if interested or want to look at itill give you a price when we talk.