The bar got me home alive!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jvanvliet, Jun 12, 2011.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Thought it would never happen to me... I always keep a safe distance from the edge, make sure the tires are properly inflated with sufficient tread. Once the slide happened, I could do nothing to stop it... no traction.

Of course the imbicile overwatered his lawn and it was a mud bath near the bottom of the slope.

Within less than a minute, there were three guys from other LCO's there, one all the way from across the lake. My workmen were there almost instantly to help pull me off the tractor. The other guys helped get the machine out of the lake, good thing I have three on the trailer to help pull.

The imbicile homeowner who was on his pool deck talking on the phone, saw everything & ran into the house when he saw the tractor go over the side. Guess what, he didn't call 911, he didn't come out, but he did call me that night to complain about the ruts in his lawn.

Thanks brothers, I don't even know your names. But you came in my most desperate hour to help while the homeowner ran away.

Photo083.jpg

Photo084.jpg

2. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Thank God that you are ok

3. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that, glad you are ok and glad you had help. The homeowner seems like a real ass. I dont know what I would have told him when he actually complained about ruts when he did not help and this could have ended very bad. Good luck and be careful

4. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

I'm so glad you're ok. And sorry to hear that the coward homeowner not only ran inside but to call and complain
    I never could understand why so many lco's run with out rops they are there for a reason
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

good thing you had it in the down position that time, had it been up it woiuld went all the way over.

6. kubotafan

kubotafan LawnSite Member

Looks like a good chance to clean out under the deck and get the blades off to sharpen!

7. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

jvanvliet,

Thanks for posting your story and pictures. So glad that you're o.k.

God bless those who helped!

8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Your lucky!

The homeowner would promptly be told to go **** himself if it were me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  9. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I thought so too, but by the time I cleaned out my shorts and boots, it was time to wrap it up for the day.

10. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, if it were me what you said would be on the nice side, I don't think my post would stay up long if I wrote what I though of him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011