1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The "be honest" poll

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jul 20, 2007.

Tell the truth about your income situation

1. I'm the sole wage earner for my family, and do this ONLY for a living

52 vote(s)
  2. I am the 'primary' wage earner for my family and do ONLY this for a living

50 vote(s)
  3. I do this and also work another job

91 vote(s)
  4. My spouse (or other family) is the primary wage earner

26 vote(s)
  5. I could really be considered a 'kept spouse' as my income isn't depended upon

10 vote(s)
  1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to put up a poll here and I'd really like people to be honest here.

It's not like anyone would know how you voted anyways, so let's see the truth.
  2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Whats the question? Am I missing something?
  3. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I do it because I want to. I retired from a successful career, and draw a disability from the Army.

Being totally retired is tough. There's no coffee breaks, no smoke breaks, no special holidays, or long weekends. You don't know when your finished because you don't know when you started!:laugh:

I had to do something and wanted it to be outdoors. I do make money at it, but use the money to buy myself more toys.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

This is coming along well so far.

Thanks guys.
  5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, I guess I totally missed the poll the first time I read it...I swear it wasn't there...did you add it later or something?
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Took a little bit to type in the poll.

I guess it goes ahead and plugs the post as you are doing the poll.
  7. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I guess I cant vote since I dont Mow No Mo, but I wish I wasnt the bread winner in the family!

The wife is making good steps with the state and could be in a big position with the state in a few years! Then maybe I can quit my job! hahaha
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Should be interesting
  9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I am the sole income earner for my family and I work another job as well. I make more money by far with my LCO but get full benefits and retirement, etc. through the fire department.
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Both me and my wife work for the same company (Fathers company), we choose to do lawn maintenance on the side because we like being outside and getting excercise...while doing this we get paid! My father is encouraging me to start my own company and said he would help with anything I need. We are going to start out small and see where it goes.