The Beauty of Brass

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, May 3, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Photo_050308_006.jpg

Photo_050308_010.jpg

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

What a waste to be watering that area with sprays.

Thats a rotor sized strip.

3. Interesting comment for us Texans John. We are popup spray brain locked. I'm sure a lot of Texans like myself are amused at all the rotor arguing cuz we never use them. i'm leaning your way on this matter. Had a customer today with one zone of rotors. Said his grass in this area basically sucked and wanted me to convert to a spray zone like the other 7 were. Had a 10 minute run time on his controller. i explained to him the rotors were the most efficient zone he had. With a few minor adjustments, a little head raising and straightening, and proper run time education that would be his best looking grass. One reason I love the WM SL cuz it allows me to finally give rotors the respect they deserve in Texas.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pic one: d.s. layout....pic two...perfect application of water. Brass, yass!
    Thanx, Peter, my eyes feel better.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Sure is, looks as rediculous as the hunter sprayer brochure.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, looks like a good example of effective 'old school' mist head layout, if the line of sprays are also watering the beds.

7. EagleLandscape

sprays are not watering that garden bed.

dirty water thats such a stupid comment. rotors, with a good wind, would spray 10 ft onto the sidewalk. with those two crape myrtles there, and the bend around that bed, and the curve of the landsape beds behind it, it's probably the last place rotors should go.

8. Wet_Boots

Hey, it's hard to get scale from some of these photos. Not anyone's fault. If the heads nearest the truck are full circles, I would be certain the beds would get water. And if they aren't full circles, one could wonder why they are located where they are.

9. EagleLandscape

OK, let me correct myself. They are watering the bed, but not designed to water it fully. They are in the correct position if the bed was removed, and the yard was sodded to the driveway. The landscape bed came after the sprinkler, about a year I believe.

So, they oversprays, but are not designed to water the garden, its my moms, and she still hand waters it.

From the sidewalk to the garden is approx 18-20 ft. Way too small of an area to get a rotor in there that won't waste water spraying on the concrete.

10. Wet_Boots

Stream rotors would nail it. Put hi-pops near the drive. A solution for the non-brass world.