1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The beauty of bulk trash pick-up day....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr Priceless, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

i went riding around tonite since it was a nice evening and everyone was scurrying to get their major trash to the road side b4 tomorrow morning came....well anyway i noticed one of those really cheap weedeater brand mowers in great condition sitting at the side next to a lot of garbage...people were walking around the propperty to gather trash and i thought "what the heck, i kinda would like a cheapie push mower for those steep spots in the yard", so i asked them what the prob was (i noticed the kill switch handle was missing with cable sticking out undamaged) and they said air filter was dirty needed this and that and i asked to take it off their hands. they said yes, and someone joked around asking if i mow yards....with a smile from ear to ear i turned around and said "well as a matter a fact i do...."

in a nutshell i got another client just because i was interested in what people get rid of....u know the saying..one man's trash is another man's treasure:cool2: :weightlifter: :drinkup:
  2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

LOL, interesting way to get a new customer, but I guess it worked. Hows that new Dixon working out for you?
  3. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

really smooth actually. i LOVE the PTO clutch, never used a mower with one before, gives the engine a LOT more torque, and the controls are very responsive (i did burnouts quickly turning the other direction if i wasn't careful, hehehe...) but i despise the kill switch under the seat if the blades are engaged:mad:

and other than that, everything is in great working order for a 13 year old machine, well worth the $975 i paid for it:)
  4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a great story, good job. What's that saying "Anither man's trash is somebody's treasure."