The beauty of email...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mcwlandscaping, May 18, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Lately i am really appreciating email. I have a few customers that contact me soley via email and it is GREAT!!! Keeps the phone silent a bit more and can reply to their messages anytime which is great especially this time of year when i am getting home at 730-8 sometimes even later.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Email is nice. It is also gives you a bit of time to think over and handle issues that may arise. With a phone conversation it seems like to have to act right away.

If its been a long day you can reply to an email and not have to worry about calling at some obscene hour.

Yeah its a good thing.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I keep in contact with many of my clients through e-mail. It is a great way to discuss design changes and address issues that come up during a project. I used to want face to face communication but I also hated disturbing their at -home- time with that stuff. So now I just tell them I will e-mail them if the need arises.
    I also get requests for new jobs and give estimates by e-mail, after I have looked at the job site of course. I always get final approval face to face though, unless they live far away.
    I send some invoices by e-mail as well, saving a copy for myself in their file.
    My business card has my e-mail addy on it and my potential clients will use it to contact me instead of calling and getting an answering machine.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I specifically point out my email address on my business card with new clients...more and more are choosing that way to contacting me which I prefer. It offers greater flexibility when to return.

5. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

I also do some business with email, and wish I could do all my correspondence that way.

I always offer email billing - saves me a lot of money and time.
    I like email correspondence for saving time, but also have a record of what was said.