1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

the before and after on our new to us trailer!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassman177, Mar 15, 2009.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we got this little 6.5 x 12 last year and the floor was shot, the gate was all tweeked and the rear end with it due to poor constructiona nd bad abuse. it had no a rails when we got this and they are new along with the gate. it got a new hitch and modified to have a swing away jack in the tongue. new wood and wiring and i think that is all.

it is actual Kubota piant too!!!!!!! we did all the grinding of the old rust and bad paint, then a auto body friend primered and painted it for us. this is for light jobs, houling a single mower for service or best of all pulling behind the tank truck with zsrpays so we dont have to haul the bigguns anymore with all that wieght.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks brand new
  3. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Looks good I painted my floor with black floor paint with sand mixed in so its not slick.I think a black floor with the orange would look good.My trailer is red with the black floor.
  4. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job!! The trailer looks like brand new. I like the rims also. Have a safe season.
  5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks awesome! Send it my way lol
  6. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

just out of curousity what did you pay for it? looks GREAT btw!
  7. mikeg1005

mikeg1005 LawnSite Member

Very nice! I like the color!
  8. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

is that a prison in the background?
  9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

looks nice stylish rims!
  10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

alrighty then, yes it is a prison, holding facility actually!! we like the rims alot too!! they came with it so lucked out there. i think we paid $850 or so, but with all the mods and paint and flooring i think it now is a $1700 trailer!! my dad will chime in to tell that info i am sure at some point.

we dont want to paint the flooring on a open trailer but have done that to the enclosed one. we eventually had the enclosed trailer floor Linexed and it is holding great. i think i have after photos before it went back to work. i will look.

thanks guys and i am glad you like the color too, we are seeing how it holds up to abuse, i mean work and then paint more next winter to match this one.