The best blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joedaddy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. joedaddy

joedaddy LawnSite Member

I am looking at 3 different kind of backpack blowers. Echo 40cc 175mph 800cfm. Husqvarna 145BT- 45cc 175mph 586cfm. Stihl BR 340- 44.9 cc 161mph 689 cfm. All are $299. Which one should I get?

2. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

i think the echo you're looking at is the pb-403t. i use that same blower and it has been great. as far as the other brands go, a few other lco's that are friends of mine use a lot of stihl equipment and they swear by it. what i did when i got my 1st backpack was try a few different brands on and see how they feel...leaf and hurricane cleanups down here mean i'll be using the blower for a little bit more than simply blowing the sidewalk and driveway and i wanted a blower that i felt comfortable with. i honestly don't think you would go wrong with any of the 3 brands. but through my experience, i'm partial to stihl and echo.

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Shindaiwa, great when new. It's one year old and it feels like the engine has already had it. My next BP will be a Tanaka.

4. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

i use the husky and love this blower ! its been really dependable and powerfull
    i would recommend it to anyone! i cant say its better than the others because ive never used them, iam sure that they are just as good though!!

5. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

naturescape, how do you like your echo 260's? i'm looking into getting the pas-260 so i'll have the option of a pole pruner and eger as well. thanks in advance

6. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Dont buy a cheap blower at the least buy a commercial blower .. I used the 145 husky for one year and it is burned out. For another 125 bucks you can get the redmax 7001 model at landscape supply and that includes delivery. Go to the link on the lawnsite homepage and get the phone # and call Travis Yoder and see if he has them for 425 still I just got mine today.

7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax. :)

8. Mack77

Mack77 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I've got the stihl BR340...good blower, but if you can get something with a little more power for the same price, go for it!

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

They are nice, plenty of power. The recent models seem to take a long time to warm up first tho. Tanaka's better......

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Buy the best, buy a redmax.