The best Equiment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David R Hartzog, Apr 22, 2000.

1. David R Hartzog

David R Hartzog Guest

What is your idea of...<br>1. The best Weedeater..<br>2. The best blower..<br>3. The best edger..<p>I like in order 1 to 3<br> <br>1. Echo,Shindiawa(Actully never owned a shindaiwa just from holding one and what i've read:)<p>2.Same as #1<p>3.All i know of is echo.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The best equipment is what each person has, it's the only way they can justify buying it. What I like best in the order of your original questions are, Best Trimmer-Shindaiwa, Best Mower-Dixie Chopper, Best Blower-62CC Red Max.<p>Since you edited and changed your questions, I've edited and changed my answers.<br>1. Shindaiwa T270<br>2. Red Max 62CC<br>3. Shindaiwa<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<p>
  3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

David, there is much historical data to answer your questions. Go to the &quot;search&quot; function above, in the line where you found registration. In the search box type in any term, to find topics in the past relating to your question. There are dozens of comments about any given subject. Often your question was already asked and answered. After reading all these, post any detailed questions you have. (If you search on &quot;mower&quot;, you will get 96 threads with hundreds of comments.)<p>Also note that the default display is for messages 10 days old or less (toward upper right on main forum page). There are literally hundreds of threads that are not appearing onscreen.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
  4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

depends on the accts you have i wouldnt buy a 72&quot; dixie chopper for small residentials i prefer shindaiwa weedeaters and edgers and red max back pack blowers, i use tanaka hedge trimmers but i wouldnt say they are the best buy only what you need and save money for a working my opinion the best equipment is the equipment that is paid for and runs good, i would start with residentials and work you way up to large commercial accts if you jump right in to large comercial accts and finance all your equipment what are you going to do when you loose the large property next year to a lower bid and you have a bunch of payments to make, with residential who can be sure you will never lose all your income at once unless your mower breaks down and you dont have any working capital to rent one while the other machine is getting fixed <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Best blowers and trimmers are Stihl.<br>Why?<br>'Cos I bought them.:)<p>Karl<br>
  6. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

7. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

there is no set answer.i was set on echo and lesco mowers.then we bought great danes and stihl,i changed my mind.i`d also like to try the what was said before,the best equipment is the stuff that is paid for.<br>dave
  8. Alan

Alan Member

The best brand is the one you can get serviced quickly and reliably when you need it. Second criteria would be how well the dealer will stand behind the product. Any warranty is only as good as the dealer wishes to interpret it. Most major brands are equally &quot;good&quot;, the dealer makes the difference.
  9. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

echo, exmark, echo
  10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

red max, great dane, exmark, scag