the best homeowner fountain EVER!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by alf500series, May 2, 2010.

1. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

so i got a job referral from my wife who has a client with a fountain in their front yard that they are wanting cleaned.....:laugh: knowing the town the people live in i was expecting the worst. so i drove over there and was pleasantly surprised by the neighborhood that was tucked away that i had never seen before. there are nice looking homes with well manicured lawns and then i find theirs..................:laugh::laugh::laugh:here is the fountain they wanted cleaned. after talking with the homeowner(trying to keep my composure, and somehow tell them that's horrible) they just rent the home for now and don't want to really spend any more money until the can actually buy the house. i give them some options for down the road, clean the fountain out as best as i can-polishing a turd pretty much-and leave with cash in hand. oh well what can you do:hammerhead:

p.s. and yes it is running --don't blink too fast or you might not see the drips of water. if you look below the bottom rock and the pool you can see the water line,or should i say 1/4" tubing.

chris pic 024.jpg

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the choice of colors in the plastic Water Lilies.

3. the hosta just doesn't look right there.

4. mark123

mark123 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't decide if it's a good thing they have an electrical outlet there for the fountain pump or if it's a good thing they have a pump there to make use of the electrical outlet.

5. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe the outlet was already there and they figured that they had to plug SOMETHING in. They couldn't figure outhow to mount a GROW LITE, so this was their second choice.

6. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a water feature or a water eyesore ?

7. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a sad, depressing little garden.

Boxwood, azalea, hostas, and some plastic frogs and a turtle.

And it could be so attractive with just a few hours and a few hundred.

8. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

They need to build a little deck around it so the frogs & turtles can entertain in the evenings.....NICEEEE!!

9. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

It really accentuates the detail in the brickwork, doesn't it?

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Way to funny