The best kind of customer!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by miketina, Apr 5, 2008.

1. miketina

miketina LawnSite Member

Stopped by one of my customers to shoot the breeze today. Went by on my motorcycle so he could check it out because he has one of his own and I wanted him to see mine.
    We got to talking, he gave me some cookies he had just baked. He is taking a baking class in school.
    We finally got to talking about service for the season and when I was going to start. Then he blew my mind. He said "By the way, I will be increasing your weekly fee by $5. Is this OK? Of course I did not refuse and told him that this was very nice of him. This coming from an older guy who lost his job about 1 and a half years ago. He is about to get rehired with the postal service which I think made him feel generous.
    I truly have some great customers!!

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow that was super nice!!

3. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

a good customer is one that pays, a great customer is one that pays on time

4. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well Said my friend

5. BravoMow

BravoMow LawnSite Member

thats quite a blessing. we have a lady that sometimes pays us with full pans of cobbler!!! i love it. i mow it extra. ha. When customers treat me well, i treat them well. it really does pay off for a customer to be friendly. i work harder when i know i am respected.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Let's just hope you don't wind up in a pit in his basement. He sounds a little eager to be "friends" to me.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Wow Bruce thats looking at life from a unique perspective, it gave me a little chuckle. What would the headlines read from that one.... Lawn Care worker found in Postal Workers sump pump on a motorcycle with a belly full of cookies! The horror.:laugh:

Thats cool that you have a decent relationship with the guy, it sure beats run thru the ringer by some of the prizes that we encounter. My clientel is pretty good also and I have learned to know which ones are worth keeping and which are not. Now I am hungry for some double chocolate chips. Take care.

8. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

one guy used to be our first stop in the morning on sunday. hed cook us pancakes. guy had the nicest lawn on our whole route

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

It puts the lotion in the basket...

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah thats what I thought. He bakes cookies and offers you one and then said how about a $5 dollar a week increase. Sounds kinda gay to me but maybe not. Its nice to have good customers but just make sure thats all he wants.