The BEST of the BEST

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Gotta get on the band wagon with the Wb. I need to choose two a 48" or 52" and a 36", both walk behinds.. The only problem, I've never even ran a walkbehind before, I have a 42" and a 61" riders Husqvarna so all I do is ride. I'm selling the 42"(36hrs w/ mulch kit) at the end of the season and need two Wb to put on the same trailer. I would like your input on the best Wb for ease of use and BEST cut please touch on your reasoning,,,thanks all or should I just keep the 42"???

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

why are you getting rid of it?

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

have you looked at husky's wb's??

4. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

I can have two walkbehinds for the price of the 1 rider and I don't mind walking, its good for you. Yes I have, and they are outragiously over priced. WE are priced at I believe 5300$ for a 48" 17hp....Thats crazy to me, .....or are the priced right on?

Cause I know lesco has the 48" with like 16 or so Hp and its 3400? and its a hydro also,,,,

Also, is belt the way to go,,,cause I LOVE the hydro's more maybe able to go wrong, but its so smooth.........:cool:

I also think that ANYONE ho is working this machine is going to cause less damage with it, and beabel to cut more grass just for the simple fact that it is a walkbehind?? am I right?

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Get either 32 and 48 or 36 and 52 that way all your blades are all the same size. Many guys say get 36 over 32 as the extra four inches make a big difference but the 4" can keep you from getting through some gates. 52" is a nice size but i've got one gate a 48 would fit through but not the 52... what kind of properties do you have is the question?

BTW get eXmark's!

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hello! 5,900 Out the door.

745resized.jpg

7. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Sounds like your dealer is trying his best to make all his money on you. I just bought a 36" belt drive husky for 2200.00 with a 14hp kaw.

Less than the local Lesco dealer wanted for their 32".

8. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

John,

the 25th of July and you have snow on the ground???

Please send it to me!

:D :laugh:

Rick

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Just Got It LOLOLOLOLOLOL. It's Been a Long Day.

10. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

John:

What is the width of that particular mower ? 48 or 52 ?