the best post ever...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lottlawncare, Oct 25, 2004.

1. lottlawncare

lottlawncare LawnSite Member

this is not really the best post ever, sorry, just wanted to make sure you guys came/replied. I"m gonna start a lawncare business here in houston. My question is, besides just mowing the yard, what kind of other crapola do i have to be able to provide in order to get/keep my customers? I know mulching, fertilizing, but what else are people asking you guys to do? And how do you find out about how to do these things? I just want to mow/trim/blow/edge yards. can i get away with just doing these? I dont' have the time for mulching/planting/other time consuming things. also, how much do you charge to fertilize and what kind do you use?
    the best looking man in lawncare,
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You know how we do it? By properly naming posts, and not wasting people's time with misleading titles. Try again.
    Or you can do a search. I think the info you need is in a thread entitled "Check this out."
    JB1 likes this.
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what all you said but I just had to say this is the best answer every "NOT". :dizzy: :dizzy:
  4. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

why dont u calm down 95% chance everyone clicks every post regardless
    crawdad likes this.
  5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Good one lotta. Take crawdads advice.
    DLCS likes this.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I agree with Crawdad....I ask for the moderators move this thread to it's approiate forum. "Just Starting in Business".

proenterprises likes this.
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Your profile says that you have already been in this business for a year so you should already know the answers to those basic questions.
  8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

lotlawn,,,,,,,you answered your own question!
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Many of my clients like the one stop shopping. I do all of the lawn care needs for the customer rather then them having to find someone else to do such and such. I would suggest you check the just starting out section and if you are already calling some of these jobs crapola you might have an issue with coming off as positive with the your clients.

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

At least I gave him a helpful answer, if he follows my advice, he'll get help. What help did you offer him?
    I meant to ding you, oneandonly yoyo, but I was a little too calm, and gave you points instead. That's OK, they're probably the only points you'll ever get.
    Crawdad, already quite calm, thank you.
    proenterprises and MMLawn like this.