The best power rake isn't made anymore

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ToroMaster, Oct 23, 2006.

1. ToroMaster

ToroMaster LawnSite Member
    from Neenah

I have had a T-6 Harley rake for a few years now thinking it's the best tool for lawn installs. I would grade and rip up roots with a box scraper, then harley the lawn free of rocks. No matter how hard you tried nobody could get all the rocks in the lawn. We usually picked up the large ones before seeding and the rest when blowing mulch.
    Well I picked up a landpride PR2572 power rake off ebay for $3300.00 two years old and barely ever used. I tried this machine out on a rocky lawn and it got 100% of the rocks. It looked like it was pulverized top soil brought in and raked with the harley. It was truely amazing when I was using the machine. We will have no rock clean up in the future. The secret are the bars on the roller instead of spikes like the Harley and other brands. It also has a heavy duty steel barrier so nothing gets behind the rake unless its less than 3/4 of an inch.
    What is strange is that landpride doesn't make it anymore. If you want something similiar Pirhana by Nortec in Ripon, WI has a smooth roller bar for their version of a power rake.
    Does anyone have any expierence with this machine?
  2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

We have a C6 or S6 (cant remember) Harley rake. It has the bars on the drum and has the plate that dont let anything behind the roller like you were saying.