The best ramping method?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiacovino, Apr 11, 2009.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Safe-T-Ramp with a lazer hp and a 21" mower loaded. This is the 7' model. I believe they have an 8' available now. It would load a walk behind with no problem.
    The headache rack is not installed, but if you used it much I'd consider one. (About $235 additional). Always err on the side of safety.

rampside.jpg

ramp.jpg

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I think he needs a lowering kit on his truck, that was kind of funny though.

3. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

4. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I would pay someone to cut her yard rather than drive 50 miles unless you are going there every week anyway.

I can't see hauling a 36" walkbehind in the back of a pickup and having to load and unload everyday. It will get old real fast. Even loading and unloading from a trailer can get old day after day all day long.

5. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

we've been using Canaramp (canaramp.com) since '96, loading 3000 lbs skidsteers and 1900 lbs. Z-turns onto back of pick-up's. As the man with the lawn tractor and bare feet found out, load the heavy end up the ramp first. Our skid steer with the snowblower gets loaded front first, the skid steer with the bucket gets loaded back first. Z turns can go either way. We paid $500 for our ramps

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Unfortunately the website didn't have much info besides an address and two pics. I do see they make a ramp that can handle a 70 Ton M-1 tank but it'd be nice to get details on the puny ones. How they mount, length, capacity, etc.

7. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

They are a small operation talk to Richard the owner or David his brother for help