The Best Rotary Spreader?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The Lawn Crew, May 18, 2003.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

I don't like Lesco's new rotary spreader. The handles are angled which I find uncomfortable; also, the handle is now longer, extending further away from the hopper, which seems to give less control.

I used to use a Scott's commercial rotary years ago. It was a good spreader, however the tires were too small.

I recently looked into this spreader to see if it's still being sold. The Andersons company has bought out Scott's commercial turf products and is offering the Scott's spreader. There are the Accupro 2000 and the SR-2000. The link is: www.andersongolfproducts.com/golf_p.asp

The Accupro 2000 is not a stainless spreader and does not have a side deflector. The SR-2000 is and does.

Scott's (The Andersons, now) spreader also has an adjustable variable "cone" underneath the hopper which is adjustable to compensate for different size material to give a very even distribution while spreading. No left or right side bias.

The only thing, like I said, about the old spreader which I didn't like was the tire size; too small. They have now corrected that with a 13-inch tire.

If the link above doesn't work, try www.anderongolfproducts.com. On the top left of the screen will be "Product Information Links"; choose "Golf Products" and scroll down and choose "Spreaders".

Any others interested in a "Group Buy"?

2. mr.lawnzap

mr.lawnzap LawnSite Member
    from tulsa

lesco spreaders are the best, hands down

3. The Lawn Crew

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I also like the Lescos. Also very easy to get parts for, when in emergency (they are down the road).

5. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

If you think that Lesco spreaders are the best, then you have never used a Scotts spreader. The only thing that we use the Lesco for is spreading lime.

6. The Lawn Crew

7. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

The new Lesco spreaders have 3 different adjustments for the
    handle assembly. Maybe you just need to adjust the handle
    to make it more comfortable.

8. The Lawn Crew

9. I have been using a new Scott's much better than Lesco.

This thing has the most even spread pattern I have ever seen.

It doesn't change the pattern as the day goes on like the LEsco does.

10. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Hey Lawn Crew,

What websire do you want us to go to???

:rolleyes: