The BEST Sprinkler Rotor ????

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Lost Pine, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

Well this is a great forum that I've found here @ LawnsSite !!! Just wondering what all the experienced people consider to bo the best(not necessarily the cheapest) rotor sprinkler out there today ...........

I've been using the Nelson 6000's........

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Best? I'd say the I-25, I-20 or I-90 depending on your turf size.

However, in most situtations, I'd go with the PGP.

3. Lost Pine

TURF size is 110 feet wide by 175 feet deep. Now I'm using the TORO 700's which are turning 11 years old. I need replacements...........

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Most new sprinklers are taller than the Super700 heads. Just for replacements, get more of the same, and save yourself the labor of digging in taller heads.

5. Lost Pine

Hey Wet Boots,

Could you or someone explain the difference between the PGP and the ATR-PGP ?

Thanks

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

If I remember correctly, the ATR-PGP is the replacement for a RB Maxi-Paw. You can unscrew the "guts" or inside of the maxi and retrofit it to become a PGP.

Or am I thinking of a different product?

7. Wet_Boots

That's it exactly. A product to save on digging, and useful when the Minipaw (or Maxipaw) was connected with the side inlet. If you don't have the special Rainbird wrench, the ATR is useless. Sometimes, the only effective replacement for a failed Maxipaw is a new Maxipaw.

8. Lost Pine

Thank you for that QUICK reply Wet Boots...I appreciate it....

Hey, do you prefer ther Hunter PGP ???

9. Wet_Boots

I don't 'prefer' any specific head, since the choices are usually job-specific. I figure the PGP to be the best, and in water consumption, the most flexible 'standard' rotor head. But I still find places where others will be a better fit, or offer better long-term reliability. (but at a higher installation cost)

10. Lost Pine

What you recommend for a property that is 110ft wide X 150ft long ?? I now have Toro700 and I love them, but they are 11years old..........

Previously, you mentioned that the newer models are taller....Noimportant to me....most of my head just simply unscrew and they need to be taller as they have sunk a couple of inches into the ground.......

Thanks Wet Boots