The BEST Trimmer Line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO, Jun 11, 2014.

1. OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO

OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO LawnSite Member
    from USA

I Used So Many Different Type's Of Trimmer Line In The Past 5 Year's. Everything From $5 Walmart Up To $75 Commercial Line. I've Alway's Used .095 Size Line, It Seem's To Have The Most Option's With Round To Star Shape & Is Also The Most Common & Readily Available. I Used To Buy The Little 200 Feet Pack's But Now Buy 3LB & 5LB (It's Usually A Better Deal) So The Question Is, What's Ya'll's Favorite Line? Right Now I'm Using Up The Rest Of My 3LB Spool Of RhinoTuff Heavy Duty Line. But Want To Try Other's Like Suffix Mega Twist, Gatorline Magnum, Husqvarna Titanium... ETC. So What Do Ya'll Use & Why? Thank's!
    - Oak Tree Lawn Care -
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

A quick search for thread titles with the words "trimmer line" produced nearly a dozen threads that have all the answers you're looking for.

:)

3. OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO

OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO LawnSite Member
    from USA

Ok Thank's. Do You Mind Me Asking What You Use?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

I have tried every brand in the book and I always go back to a good ole 5lb spool of Lime Green Stihl X-Line. I run .095 or .105, depending on what size I decide to buy that day.

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I posted it in at least two of the other threads.

:D ;)

6. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya but we want to read it in a NEW thread this time...
    I just bought some .105 stihl (like a hot knife through butter)and a small spool of rhyno tuff .95 to try

7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Gator line magnum square. I tried to shorten my line after a change by running it full out on the road. It took a minute or 2 to wear down. If I use the green Stihl line I have to change it once or twice a day. Gator line maybe once a week or less ! That's a huge time savings and money savings

8. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Tried many different kinds. I like the Rhino Tuff .95 yellow line. Found it last me a lot longer when doing edging with it. I ran out of my spool yesterday and found out I can trim much faster with the .80, I just hate edging with it!

9. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Oregon string. I think it's called gator line. Damn good product. Better than stihl string.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Oregon was good in my books. I've used Oregon Square and Round, Stihl, Echo, Husqavarna, and the Rhino Tuff Stuff. For everyday cutting, trimming, and edging I've had no complaints about the Tuff Stuff. Cuts through everything and doesn't break on me when edging. Echo was the biggest garbage I used. Oregon was pretty good, stihl was decent. I found I can trim much faster with the .80 after switching to it again yesterday. I think the smaller line cuts everyday trimming quicker and with ease, where I like the .95 for heavier stuff.