The best zero turn commercial mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nassarfarm, May 31, 2004.

1. nassarfarm

nassarfarm LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a suggestion for the very best zero teurn, bagging mower w/ a minimum "72 cut. I have a large property and need to cut 10 acres of nice grass. Golf course quality mower is what I need. Any ideas?

2. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

Scag Sabre Tooth Tiger w/ a 31 horse Gas or Turbo Diesel:D

sabertooth-450.jpg

3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

grasshopper or scag it all depends i love my grasshopper ztr but my scags are a great machines walkbehinds also dealer support is the key demo first to find what suits you best

4. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

POST EDITED - DEALERS CANNOT MAKE POSTS ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There is no very best mower. And you can get spindle driven bagging units for almost every mower out there now. I recommend that you see what is available in your area, go look at them, ask questions and see if they'll let you take them for a test drive. Take a look at the dealers shop area. Do they have a lot of newer mowers in the shop waiting to be repaired? That is never a good sign. Is there a lot of homeowner equipment waiting to be repaired and if there is ask them what their policy is regarding fixing your equipment and how long you will have to wait should the need arise. Is the shop clean and neat or dirty and messy. Remember, a little mess or clutter means that they're just busy, not disorganized.

6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Dixie Chopper end of story. They put the rest of the zero turns to shame, unless you like paying more money and sitting on the machine for a longer period of time

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

8. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

exmark lazer 72in 27 horse kohler put a mulch kit and put an end to the bagging

9. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

ferris 5000z is...independent suspension

10. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Everyone will say that their machine is the best. As long as you mow the grass when needed, and try to avoid the rain any 72in in my opion will do. In your area who has the best dealer support? I run Bobcat and cant say they do a bad job, i have also demoed the scag, toro, gravely, and ferris and they all seem to do the same job.