The Big Boys CTL Spec Chart

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SellingIron, Nov 5, 2008.

1. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

If anyones looking to buy one of the new Large frame CTL's before the end of the year. Here you go. The Spec chart covers the 299C, T320, PT100 and the TL250. If covers allot of specs. One thing I have noticed with the T320 with roller suspension is that all the cab rattles and noise are mostly gone. They have stiffened the outer ROPS with metal bolt on frame rails. Also, the SJC units are a little quieter inside the cab than the Standard controls. :drinkup:

Attached Files:

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. A buddy of mine that I used to sell Bobcats with is still selling them and is telling me he is seeing shorter life out of the T320 tracks with the suspension because there is too much flex in the cables now. Bobcat added the extra mid roller (5 instead of 4) to improve ride and increase track life and then they pulled it out for the leaf spring system. He told me that the bobcat rep told him that they knew they would lose some track life but they didn't have room in the undercarriage to keep the extra mid roller. I'm glad to hear they have reduced the cab rattles. It made the new machine sound like it already had 500 hours.

3. SellingIron

from FTE

I noticed that to when I was demoing a prototype T300 with R/S. The under carriage frame was a little different. I'm glad its finely here. They have some new stuff coming next year that's going to put bobcat front and center again...( hopefully )

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I would hope so to, unless they really are going under like Ron says..

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I've always been curious why Bobcat doesn't publish breakout force numbers. Any ideas?

The information you've presented here also isn't really "private" to Bobcat, so why can't customers have access to this data? (The Kopykat database is secured to dealers.)

6. SellingIron

from FTE

When the T320 came out. The undercarriage already had 5 rollers. It was th T250/T300 units the only had 4 rollers. The extra roller did help a little bit. It took less bounce out while going over ruts...

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Those Takeuchi specs must be estimates, the heaviest machine of them all, yet the lowest ROC.

8. SellingIron

from FTE

Looking at takeuchi's website they are listing the same numbers..

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I think Tak is fairly humble with their ROC ratings. I'm pretty sure all models will lift more than Tak says they will. Wasn't some guy on here lifting 4,000 pound pallets with a TL130?

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I think Tak is fairly humble with their ROC ratings. I'm pretty sure all models will lift more than Tak says they will. Wasn't some guy on here lifting 4,000 pound pallets with a TL130? Maybe it was a 140, but still, the T140 is rated for right around 2,000 ROC and the 130 is 1,600. I know those machines will lift more than that.