1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The Big fall for the solo guy!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Quality, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

well It' happend at the end of the day. dumping debris at the city waste dump,as I was dragging the tarp,i could not see the edge of the wall, and I fell my left leg on the inner thigh cought on something on the way down ripped wide open,went to the hosp, and got nine staples,and they trimmed away some of the fat that was hanging,well what did I learn.not to work on a sunday,one day I should hire, and sit back on the side line.At least I was smart ,I have insurance! now I will bit the snake that bit me .for the next two weeks,I won't be as fast,but I will finish ,I can't quit, i'm just going to take it slow and one day at a time.I;m happy to see my little girl and wife today! Thank you Lord!

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery is a quick and painless one.
    Good luck,

3. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

I over treaded my ankle around thanks giving last year and just made a list of all the things that HAD to get done for the holiday... The Docs scared me into taking the next day off and were saying that I would have to have sergery..... but it ended up being ok... still bothers me today but I ended up taking it easy for 4 days and was in an air cast for over a month to keep it supported... It tough being the one to do the work and you get hurt, I got so mad that it happend..

getting hurt now isnt a good time but i hope it all work out for you!!

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Glad to hear you're relatively OK. The wall at our local dump drops about 25' into the disposal containers...scary.Hope you have a speedy recovery, and take all of your antibiotics!! Ready for drive in time at Brownsville? lol..I know I am..take care

5. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Man that sounds nasty. Hope you get well soon.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Take the time to heal up right......good luck...

Derek

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Hope you have a speedy and painless recover. Work safe, good luck.

8. loborojo338

loborojo338 LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you get better soon. Good luck from way down here in Florida. :angel:

9. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch that sucks :(

Ditto on the speedy recovery sentiments.

10. MJhnson Lawn

MJhnson Lawn LawnSite Member

Hope you feel better soon and give the Lord some of your time on Sunday.