The biggest youve fit on a 5x10 trailer???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by stevenf, Jul 29, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now I have a 44 inch ZTR rider that fits ok. Really dumb not getting the 6x10 but to late now....
    59 inches of clearence. Just curious as to how big you guy shave gone on a 5ft width....

2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i get my 52" on a 5' trailer!

3. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark has a few 56" models out.

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Im just wondering what yall have fit on them. If i had a 56inch mower, I would have 1.5 inch clearence on each side of the mower. dont know how well that would work out.......

5. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

I put My 52'' and 33'' on a 5' by 10' and it was a peice of **** trailer---- now i have a 6-12

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that is not part of the measurment, a 50 inch mower with a chute, is wider then 50 inches..

7. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I fit a 52" Toro ZTR, 36" Toro WB, 21" Toro and all my handheld stuff. I had to put the 21" on top of the 36" but i only took all that stuff for one day. I have a Toro 36" WB T-bar is anyone is interested, i will trade for a pistol grip toro 36". -Mitch-

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

that pretty good the 21 on the 36

9. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I've put my 52" JD-680 on a 5 by 10, but I did have the chute up... and even at that it was a tight, tight fit. Have to be a fairly good operator. I bought the trailer a few years ago to haul a 48" Craftsman garden tractor, and sometimes a golf cart.

After I retired due to some old "souveniers" from Vietnam, I bought me a larger trailer to haul my present equipment. I would suggest nothing less than a 6x12 for this type of business.

10. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

No wonder he wants to trade the 36 WB, it has too many dents and scratches!!!