The Blizzard.... 3-27-09

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

So... Who all is doing the same thing I am, watching it SNOW outside?? This is just SICK :cry: I was working on the second cut for most lawns, all of my round one fert/preemergent was down, and now we are faced with 6 to 7 inches of snow currently, and they are saying we could see about a FOOT! Wind blown, and pretty wet too. My beautiful green lawn is gone, and this snow probably won't be melted totally for well over a week :cry:

I'd say this makes me sick, but I already AM sick. Came down with a BAD case of the stomach flu about 48 hours ago and it's still kicking my butt, literally. Thinking about getting out and running a snow blower is NOT high on my 'to do' list right now.

I'd take some pics of the blizzard but my camera is in the dump truck that's out in said blizzard. I'll have to recover it sometime I guess.

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

We got a lil rain today, I have a big week next week, already behind becuase of the rain we got a couple days ago.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We are supposed to have snow flurries here tonight and tomorrow AM.

4. SilverPeakServices

SilverPeakServices LawnSite Member

Out at 1:00am this morning plowing and shoveling walks. We got around 10 inches of snow out of the same storm.

5. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Supposed to hit here tommorrow night w/ up to 6" and maybe more if we get the thunder snow. People here are just starting to cut and I have 20 mowers in the shop to service for customers yet:cry:. I hate shuffelling mowers around in the snow:dizzy:

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well we finally got some rain after two years of practically nothing....but we got hail big time. All our trucks and cars and houses are a mess. Had golf ball size.

7. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Man, I heard about that, it was also bad in San Antonio. We got pea sized hail here a couple days ago.

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Global warming strikes yet again...

9. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

man, i remember those days back in ohio. it was april 25th, yes april. i lived along lake erie, northern ohio and we had this freak lake effect snow that came in over night. woke up in the morning and said, wtf? had to plow a small shopping plaza close to the lake, but more inland you went, nothing, i mean no snow what so ever. i plowed in the morning, and went mowing my clients in the afternoon that were away from the lake. now that was weird. that will never again happen in a million years.LOL

10. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

We're going into our forth day of rain. Tornados just south of here. I'll be looking for a four-wheel-drive zero turn if it continues to rain! We've gone from Mississippi to Missislippery!