"The Brickman Group"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by workorder, Nov 1, 2000.

1. workorder

workorder LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience working with or for the Brickman. I am really interested in this subject since I am considering doing some fairly heavy subcontracting for this company. Can anyone give any insight?

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I live in michigan and i have done subcontract snowplowing for a company that they are or were in the procees of buying out. The company is called lakewood landscape. I had no problems collecting my money and they treated me pretty fair. I cant speak for brickman as a whole but the lakewood company was legit in my opinion. But then again you live in ny and thats a tough city. Why not try calling a landscape assoc. in your area that they might be listed with.

3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

there a good comp to deal with. I live in a area that has all the big name co. and Brinkman is a good one to sub for.

4. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I did some sub work for them on an account. Went very well, and they paid well not to have to drive here. I would do sub work for them again.

5. workorder

With the amount of people reading these forums I find it hard to believe hardly anyone has a comment on the Brickman Group. I need to make a decision Monday.... can anyone help?

6. Skookum

You need to remember, not everyone on this site has a local Brickman they work with or against. The work I did for them was because they did not have any work in this town, but they had a national account that had a property here that had to be mowed.

Thing to remember is they will do it themselves if they can. They are like anyone when it comes to subs, if they can eliminate you, they will.

I would not hestitate to do sub work for them, but I would not build by business around it!

I had a good experience with Brickman!

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

There is a whole thread full of comments on Brickman, do a search. I believe its under national co's or something like that.

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I did a search on this and Workorder started that thread also. Here it is http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=5887

This must be important to him since 10 of 13 posts he has done are on Brickman. As I said before, I only used to see them do one lawn in my area, but they don't even do it now and I'm close to the main HQs. Can anyone help him?

9. workorder

The subject of Brickman is very important to me, to put it in real terms the sub-agreement calls to pay my company close to one million dollars. I don't know a great deal about this company, its' employees or the way they do business. I am trying very hard to find out. If anyone can help....PLEASE

10. Skookum

One Million dollars!

OK, I retract my earlier post, go ahead, build your business around the sub work. That is some serious jack for sub work! That's a business!

I really do not see what more you need to know then if they pay on time or at all, since you are going to be the sub and you are confident in your ability to do the proper work required.

If you are investing a great deal of money into equipment or something than I would try to get some sort of up front money or higher pay rate at begining of contracts.

My contract with them was for $100 per cut, which was a premium price for the property. They paid within a few weeks of my monthly billing. Contract was for 28 cuts, but they paid for the 30 that the year required without any questions.