The Burkeen b30b may be back in production

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mdirrigation, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I just went to the burkeen website , I heard a rumor that they were being made again. The website says they are available , I sent them an email and asked . I guess I will know tomorrow

2. cppendergrast

cppendergrast LawnSite Member

Hey now, I am still looking for a rear end for the old B30..... I bought a 96' on the net last year and it will prob. last me for the rest of my install days, (2000 +/-) but I still have the 86' with no a55 end. I use it around my property, especially on my railroad project. The motor is off a 65'. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! I know the Maryland trip is far but if you do ever have someone coming to Nashville, let me know.

3. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Know of someplace that can rebuild the trencher pump/motor? Burkeen quoted me $1700 for a new one, and $125 for a rebuild kit. The seal went bed on mine and it leaks now.

4. Mdirrigation

I still have the rears , just waiting for my old neighbor to come up for a visit so he can drive it back

5. Mdirrigation

you can either try the rebuild kit , or take the machine to ditch witch of maryland , or vermeer they will work on them . I may have a used one possibly .

6. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to get the rebuild kit, but not sure if I should attempt to do the rebuild myself or not.

If you have a used around let me know. I may be interested in just picking that up.

7. Mdirrigation

I checked , I only have 1 of those , I have to hang on to it . I had a cylinder on my backhoe leaking , tried myself bought the kit , fought with it for 4 hours , took it to john deere it was done .