The By US Company - Harvest

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by By Us Company, Sep 24, 2010.

1. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

A small look into our company but mostly focused on our blueberry harvest operation. 7 Tractors, 2 Loaders, 3 18 Wheelers and 25 guys for a long month.

See video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP-ynthJ0A

2. gomowdig

gomowdig LawnSite Member

I enjoyed your video very much. Tomato harvesters clean out everything but does the blueberry harvester pick and allow the plants to produce again. Just trying to understand mechanical vs. hand picking of such a fragile berry. My guess is that the harvester lifts the berry branches and picks/prunes the bushes without excessive damage.

3. By Us Company

We are in the area where 98% of the worlds wild blueberries are harvested. These are wild bushes which are harvested every other year. On the off year, the bushes are mowed to the ground or burned to promote regrowth for the next harvesting period. We harvest approximately 450 to 500 acres a year in a 4 to 6 week period. There is a very strict pesticide program all fields are on.

4. gomowdig

gomowdig LawnSite Member

Thanks for your response; I'll bet that I'm not the only one who just learned something new. My guess missed the mark.

5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice..great fleet

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Very cool!!! :clapping:

7. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great... Wish it was a longer video instead of a slide show!!

98% is that a correct number???

Awesome equipment! :drinkup:

8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Very cool, thanks for sharing!!

9. By Us Company

Every year is changes but it is normally in the 95 to 98% range. Like I said, this is for the Wild Blueberry Harvest. Wild bushes dont grow in many other places. Cultivated Bush berries are grown all over the world though.

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I thought, just wasn't sure. Around here the bushes are much taller (Apparently cultivated).
    You have a great setup, thanks for the pictures!! :waving: