The Calls are coming in now!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by precisioncut, Mar 8, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

It took a little longer than expected but calls are starting to come in. Landed a new 1 year contract today and have another pending. How is everyone else's season start going?

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It snowed here yesterday and today.

I've got most of last year's customers wrapped up. I'll worry about new clients at the end of the month.

3. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I'm in Houston, the calls have been coming in for a month. I love it down here.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Still a couple weeks until I expect a lot of calls. Did start putting piles of business cards at some local restaurants though, and got the first call. Was happy they commented on how nice the business cards were. i went the extra mile on them, since I did them myself, and have them made on 23 mil polyvinyl.
    Gotta do soemthing to stand out in the crowd!

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

My advertising has been working to or past my expectations. I have a high dollar ad in the YP and i have not yet gotten a call from a homowner or commercial property smaller than a $8k a year account. We have had some in at 50k for lawncare and a bid for an airport for lawn and snow its 250 plus acres of lawn. I just got that in yesterday.

Jason
    Just give me more, LOL

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I got a couple of calls already but the weather here got cold again
    but its getting close.

7. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Signed up one customer yesterday. Pickedup a daycare. Calls are starting to roll.

Oh yeah baby, it gonna be good year!payup payup

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I can't believe it was 68 degrees the other day and today it is snowing!! I hate Indiana springs because they are so unpredictable from one day to the next!

9. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I did more estimates today and am just waiting on some answers. We'll see how it goes. Good luck to all.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I’m signing 3-5 new lawns a day have been for the past week and a half did 9 estimates on Sunday today it snowed but I had to do the estimates I had scheduled any way. As for volume its lower then expected so I will be doing another round of direct mail as well as doing the news paper ad again I still need another 125-175 new accounts to fully max out the new crews I'm adding this season.