The Calls are pouring in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by George777, Mar 23, 2001.

1. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Now that the weather is getting warmer here in Bama the calls are pouring in. one customer told me when I give an estamite Monday to bring my equipment. My partner and I have been pounding the pavement and now it looks like it is paying off.

Even when it did not seem like it was happening, it was. Seeds we planted 2 months ago are starting to pop up. monday we will be giving estimates all day.

Last month we had 1 customer and now we got 9. My goal is to get 40 residental and 5 commerical.I must say my short time in this business has been a roller coster of a ride.

One customer today told me his friend next door fired his lawn guy because he would not show up. He told me he will be giving us a call. One call today a lady got burned she paid for a spring clean up and the lawn company never showed up to do the work. She also has a business and soom rental properties.

I'm exicted about my business and in the next 3 days my patner and I will make more money than in a week working in a plant.

I have to give ya'll credit for helping me to understand this business and keep me in the right direction.
    I wish each of you will prosper in this season.

2. Keep it up George and soon you will have all the accounts you want and then some. Just remember to do quality work so your customers will brag on you and recommend you to their friends. I get referals from customers all the time.

Way to go George.

3. DBM

DBM LawnSite Member

Go George! Things are picking up here too (I'm a rookie also). Things are steady but only a few calls for mowing vs 5 times as many calls for moss removal, aeration etc. A couple of questions for you: what's working best for you and how many flyers have you laid out?

Best of Luck!

Doug