1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The Clothes Make The Man...and The Landscaper

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sean Adams, Feb 14, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Haha it's all shaved up part of my ore season prep work

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

clothes make the man but going naked makes the woman. :p

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Just read this whole thread, so many classic posts! I am still laughing... I forget who said it but somebody was talking about "basketball shorts" This is hilarious because at my old company, we would see guys doing this all the time(greater boston area) and we would just die laughing... Personally, I wear pants all year long just because I feel more protected in them. I see nothing wrong with shorts if that works for you, especially if you are on a mower exclusively. But basketball shorts? I mean, come on? I think the ultimate combination would definitely be white basketball shorts with neon stripes, generic work boots with the laces untied(maybe lugz?), a just lit newport hanging out of the mouth, and then the sideways hat..... and that, in and of itself, is going to be something really cool like "Son's of Anarchy!" Hahahahaha! I love it! Basketball Shorts!

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

if i were gonna wear shorts they would be basketball shorts. it would be much cooler than khaki shorts in 100 degree temps. plus i wouldn't wanna get my good shorts dirty and worn out. :laugh:

5. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: hahahahahahaa 2x this

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Armsden how did you know what our uniforms looked like? :laugh:

I find it funny we will be working on the beach and we dress decent and keep our trucks fairly clean.

Then we'll see these companies with BEAT trucks and their workers look like they just stepped out of a rap video, the EXACT outfit you describe, mowing million dollar restaurants, stores, and ocean front homes :hammerhead: