The Clothes Make The Man...and The Landscaper

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sean Adams, Feb 14, 2013.

1. branchoutshrub

branchoutshrub LawnSite Member

Company shirts and quality work are making things great for us!

2. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a full beard for 45 years. Trimmed, not a ZZtop beard. I wear jeans and a polo shirt. Back in the 70's I sometimes wore a bowler hat. Some people later said they hired me because they thought I was a Mennonite and would be honest and hard working. Different people see different things.

3. teanamaree

teanamaree LawnSite Member

We are B to B and all our employees wear uniforms. Button Down shirts, green pants and work boots. They also wear OSHA approved safety vests. We advertise we are pros and it is important to our clients that when we are on their property we look professional.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i wear t shirts and khaki pants. golf/polo shirts are much too hot to work in and those collars bother me.

5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

personally I wear gray cargo pants, work boots and company t's. but not because I think it makes me look more professional. I wear the company t's for advertisement, the work boots to protect my feet and the cargo pants because jeans are a little hot for me to work in.

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

The guy on the left looks like a golfer.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i was given a few pairs of pants that are the kind where the legs zip off and you can make them shorts. i'll leave them as pants but they are really thin material which will be very nice and cool in the summer heat.

8. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

What the hell is a bib? That like a kilt??

9. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

No I don't think "PEOPLE" do. The question was who would I hire. Like a sub-contractor or something.

I just watched the final episode of Downton Abbey where they went deer hunting in a suit & tie!
    I think you can overdress for the occasion.
    I want to look like I'm ready to work. Not like I don't get my hands dirty.

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im thinking of getting some shirts made up. I alaways wear a shirt with a collar even if has a couple of small holes in them. Clothes tend to get worn out fairly quickley so I dont want to spen too much on them.

I dont think most people care all that much, but Im positive you wont loose any work by looking decient.

I would never work at someones house without a shirt.